3.10.2010

Charlie-Box Squat


Cute CrossFit KoP Kids!

W.O.D. 3.11.10

Split Jerk
3-3-3-3-3

Box Squat
3-3-3-3-3

Videos:
Box Squat, Dave Tate [wmv][mov]
Box Squat Pt II, Dave Tate [wmv][mov]

Quote:

If you want to shrink something,
you must first allow it to expand.
If you want to get rid of something,
you must first allow it to flourish.
If you want to take something,
you must first allow it to be given.
This is called the subtle perception
of the way things are.

The soft overcomes the hard.
The slow overcomes the fast.
Let your workings remain a mystery.
Just show people the results.

Lao Tzu : Chinese philosopher & mystic, founder of Taoism

Results: (SJ/BS)
Laura 105/100
Jen S. 75/130
SAZ 85/45
Kara 70/75
Charlie 165/190
Donkey 83/63

10 comments:

Jen S. said...

Anyone else interested in Run A Muck on May 15th? I need at least three more people to participate to make 2 groups of 4 :)

Anonymous said...

If you think ud like to do the mud run...but are hesitant cause ur a non-runner like me..do it!! U can be on the B team with me!!!


Jim I think Johnny might be getting a little fresh with my daughter in that pic...like father, like son?

Laura Pappas said...

So box squats...can you do these for all types of squats? We did back box squats this AM but would it work to help correct your form and build explosiveness for front and overhead squats too?

Jason Lyons said...

Explosiveness is explosiveness, doesn't really matter where you keep the bar. However, on the OHS, stability is a huge concern so I personally find it harder to pop out of the hole.

Anonymous said...

I've made friends with another blogger and owner of a cf box right outside NYC. I'm going to take a road trip to do a wod at her box and then I think we might go into the city.

Anyone else interested in a road trip??

Check out paleochix.com or crossfit aspire

Anonymous said...

Wrong crossfit...it's crossfitrising.com

Chris P. said...

funny. that's 2 blocks away from my house in nj and my aunt just joined. She should be finishing up fundamentals there! (and Steph, I actually directed her to your blog)

Anonymous said...

Yeah she mentioned that a nephew of one of her clients was a KoPer but couldn't remember the name. Very cool.

Jen S. said...

What a small world!!

Steph when are you going?

Anonymous said...

Jen, no date set... I wanted if anyone wanted to go an then pick a date. I think chris and kditty should go and then there will be no need for a gps!!