5.08.2014

NEW FACES

If you have been around CrossFit KoP lately you might have seen some new faces. In addition to our amazing new athletes, Jill, Kirill, Alex, Greg, Jeff, Michal, Sarah and Alejandra...CrossFit King of Prussia would like to welcome our newest coach Giulia and our summer intern Jenna.


Read below to learn a little more about Giulia:

In West Philadelphia, born and raised, I certainly did spend most of my days on the playground. An athlete from a young age (at 3 I was the only one on my tee-ball team who ran to 1st base and not 3rd after a hit!), I played any sport I could- basketball, baseball, soccer, field hockey and lacrosse. I did try gymnastics once, but after my first class the instructor told my mom I should stick to “field sports”. After a successful high school athletic career, I attended Susquehanna University in Selinsgrove, PA.  A 4-year starter on the lacrosse team, I was also a two-time All-American goalie and in 2013 I was inducted into the Susquehanna University Sports Hall of Fame. I currently own four school records: saves (773), save percentage (.593), lowest goals-against average (8.17) and wins (45),and hold the top three spots in single-season saves and save percentage, and finished my career with a 45-19 record.

After college, I struggled to find something to satiate my competitive appetite. I tried dodgeball, football, and softball leagues; and while they were a ton of fun, I still wasn’t satisfied. I tried to workout in Globo gyms, but something was missing.  In 2011, a friend opened a CrossFit Box and after just one WOD, I was hooked! The love story has continued full speed ahead since then. While I love training, it is even better to coach others and watch CrossFit transform their lives just as it did mine. My favorite WODs are anything that involve double-unders and hang cleans or hang snatches. My lease favorite WOD is anything that involves running! My full-time job is in Real Estate/Property Management, but when I’m not working or at the box you can find me kicking it around the Main Line with my French Bulldog, Polpetta.
·         CrossFit Level 1 Certified Trainer, April 2013
·         CrossFit Kids, May 2014


Jenna will be doing her summer internship with CrossFit King of Prussia, she is finishing her Junior Year at Penn State Main studying Kinesiology. She has also served at an assistant teacher at the Malvern School, Merchandiser and Supervisor at a fitness facility at Penn State.

When you see these ladies around please introduce yourself.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah! I'm a new face!

Unknown said...

Welcome Jill and Giulia!