5.01.2017

Athlete of the Month


Congratulations Steph (Twinnie)

Hometown: Malvern,PA

Current Location: Norristown

Age: 28

Occupation: Office Manager

College: Which one? lol I started at Fairmont State University then to Kutztown and now I'm at MontCo pursuing Nursing

How long have you been a CrossFitter? Almost exactly a year and a half :)

Did you ever play sports? I grew up doing gymnastics then got into competitive cheerleading.

Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? I have a confession: I love antiquing and taking baths at 8 pm...I'm pretty much a grandma. However, when I'm looking to live a little, I like spending time with my family (oops still grandma-ing) and going to see live music. Is eating a hobby?

What is your biggest achievement at CrossFit in the 2016 year? The ring muscle up, while I don't have the consistently, the fact that I got one at all is an achievement.

What do you feel that you still need to work on? Well, obviously everything. But specifically increasing my strength or my confidence in lifting all the weights.

Goals for the rest of this year? I would like to RX more workouts. More consistent ring muscle ups. Confidence.

What's your favorite WOD? Meh. Anything with gymnastic movements, especially HS walks and bar MUs are cool too. Or a lot of movements in one wod.

How about your favorite food/snacks? Holy hell , just everything. I say yes to sweets for example; anything chocolate or ice cream, I have to have it. Pickles. Burgers. Snap cookies. Yeah that's about it.

What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done?
I definitely remember doing two a days when I was at Fairmont for cheerleading. I don't know what we did but I threw up ( more than once).

What’s your least favorite WOD? Strength days definitely intimidate me. Anything with heavy weights or 1 rep max. Also cardio is not my favorite ( is it anyones fav??)

Favorite lift/movement? Bar MUs, HS walks, and HSPUs even though they are hard as shit. Also ring muscle ups, if I could get better at them. All the gymnasty movements.

What’s your least favorite lift/movement? Bench press and the assault bike, whack. I don't like deadlifts 'cause I'm scared I'm going to rip my body apart.

Whats your favorite piece of workout "gear"? Considering I still need to invest in gear, I guess I'd have to say my metcons. Also, a nice sports bra ( those are hard to find)

What you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF? My overall confidence as a person. It's helped me reach out of my comfort zone and do things that I never thought possible. And I know this is just the beginning I look forward to what's ahead.

Who is your favorite coach? This is so tough. All the coaches are great. Everybody has something that they bring to the table. I can usually only take 5:30 class so I really only get coached directly by Keith and Aimee. I'm always laughing in Keith's class because of his awkward knowledge of movie quotes. And OBVI I gotta call out my Twinnie (for the obvious reason, because I just love her) for always making me feel like I can do more then I think I can. She's made me feel comfortable since the second I walked into the gym . But overall I've had every coach at least once and I love them all. 

PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights?.. Honestly because I love food so much it's hard for me to be strict. But I am trying to clean it up. I do feel motivated by other members. Can we be done? ( I got some Ice cream waiting for me ...) kidding !

No comments: