10.01.2016

Athlete of the Month

-->

Congratulations Jill H.

Hometown: West Chester PA



Current Location: Collegeville  PA



Age: 46



Occupation: Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator (Direct Sales)



College: Drexel University



How long have you been a CrossFitter? 3.5 years



Did you ever play sports? Yes! I was an All American, Senior national qualifying Swimmer in High School and full ride Scholarship Swimmer in college.  Distance freestyle was my thing and in the height of my swimming career I was 30th in the Nation for the Mile! (1650 yards, 66 laps of the pool) I hung up my swim suits in 1993! I don’t even swim in my backyard pool! 



Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? My hobby is my job!  Outside of the gym, I am a paper crafter.  I get paid to make (and teach) lots of cool things from paper like hand made greeting cards, treat holders, scrapbook pages and more.  I have earned 8 incentive trips and traveled the world.  Plus I earned a top 100 spot in my company 5 years in a row! (there are about 40,000 demonstrators in the US).  you can see what I do here: www.stampwithjill.com



What is your biggest achievement at CrossFit?  This year is full of achievements! way too many to list!   I am having a "PR” party and loving it. 



What do you feel that you still need to work on? Absolutely Everything!



Goals for the rest of this year?  Continue to show up,  work hard and hit PRs.    Crossfit is a lot like swimming.  Better your personal best.



What's your favorite WOD? anything with a deadlift



How about your favorite food/snacks? I absolutely LOVE Donuts.  My current favorite is the white cream filled glazed from wegmans.  It’s worth every single sugar loaded calorie!



What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done?  25,000 meter swim for time or 5 hours.  which ever came first.  too bad they came at about the same time



What’s your least favorite WOD?   I don’t have one that I totally despise... but Karen and Eva are pretty rough.



Favorite lift/movement? Hands down the Deadlift. I just love picking up heavy stuff!



What’s your least favorite lift/movement?  I struggle with more than a few movements- but I accept the challenge!



What skill re you planning working on in the new year 2017 the most ?  right now its String those toes to bar! and Ring dips- I want to get off the floss.  once I get them- there will be something else!



Whats your favorite piece of workout "gear”? Jaw grips.  Those little grips took all the mental fear out of ripping my hands.



What do you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF?  A full depth squat with my knees tracking out.  



Who is your favorite coach?  I like all of the coaches, but the ones I see the most are Aimee, Steph, Gordy and Clay.  All are great in their own way!



PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights?.. This past Feb I stopped making excuses and I finally accepted that I no longer can eat whatever I want.  I dropped over 15lbs and my performance in the gym shows.  Its a PR party for me!


3 comments:

Jackie Halpern said...

Yay! Congrats! You are killing it lately! :)

Jackie Halpern said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Hain said...

Congratulations Jill! So well deserved! You dedication, hard work and positive attitude are an inspiration to me every morning. Thank you!