8.12.2009

Dan

Nikki

W.O.D. 8.13.09
AMRAP in 20 Minutes
Run 200M
5 Hang Power Snatches (45#/65#)
5 Over Head Squats (45#/65#)

Read:
Barry Sears IS Paleo!!
by Robb Wolf

Reminder:
Yoga with Jen Fugo from 6-7:30!

Why should you do YOGA?
Although yoga involves stretching your muscles, it is a whole different ballgame than the warm-up/cool-down stretches we do at the box.

Here are just two ways which yoga is different:
1.) Yoga places emphasis on alignment, meaning that how you are touching your toes is more important than whether you can actually touch them or not.

2.) Most yoga poses are not stretching an isolated area, but rather involve the whole body in both stretching and strengthening.

Quote:
“Whenever you make a mistake or get knocked down by life, don't look back at it too long. Mistakes are life's way of teaching you. Your capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from your capacity to reach your goals. No one wins them all, and your failures, when they happen, are just part of your growth. Shake off your blunders. How will you know your limits without an occasional failure? Never quit. Your turn will come.”
-Og Mandino

Results:
Mike F. 9 (Rx)
Shawn 9 (Rx)
Aimee 11 (Rx)
Steph 7 (Rx)
Dan 10 (45#)

A major "Atta Boy!!!!" goes out to Dan who joined the CFKoP Muscle-up Club. Nice job Dan, keep up the great work. We are all proud of you!

4 comments:

Swine said...

If anyone at the box is saying my (blank) is sore I recommend going tomorrow. When I hurt my back really bad I went to the yoga class a couple of days later and I could not beleve how much better it felt after the session I also learned some techiques that helped the next couple of days and using those I learned was able to recover much quicker. I highly recommend this for every crossfitter.

Kit said...

I have been doing yoga and yoga like stretches for years. They keep me very flexible and prevent all sorts of injuries, especially lower back, groin, and hammies. Also, a lot of the poses help you open up your shoulders, which we almost never do. I second Swine's recommendation.

Meighan said...

Did this today at pool:

3 Rounds:
100m freestyle
10 pushouts, 20 KB swings
50m freestyle
20 pushouts, 10 KB swings

3 Rounds:
75m freestyle
20 situps, 20 DB squat drops
25m freestlye
40 situps, 40 DB squat drops

3 Rounds:
50m freestlye
15 KB windmills L, 15 KB windmill R

Ray said...

Hey Dan, looks like you enjoy OHS as much as I do. That bar still kicks my ass. Seriously, I do love OHS. No better core workout even with the PVC.

Meg, what the heck are push outs and squat drops? Love that variety, girl. Those windmills are tough, aren't they?