7.02.2017

Athlete of the Month


Congratulations Miranda 

Hometown: Conshy

Current Location: Bridgeport

Age: 36


Occupation: Full time nursing student and pediatric nurse aide

College: Mccc

How long have you been a CrossFitter? Oh boy, going on 9 years I believe

Did you ever play sports? I tried but wasn't very good

Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? Hmm, right now all I do is homework and study but when not doing that I love spending time with my niece and nephew.

What is your biggest achievement at CrossFit in the 2017 year? I would say being able to do dubs, pull-ups, rope climbs and a 130# squat clean while pregnant!

What do you feel that you still need to work on? Ha, there are so many things I will need to work on after the baby but I would love to finally get a hspu and a strict pull-up

Goals for the rest of this year? Have a baby, lol

What's your favorite WOD? Annie

How about your favorite food/snacks? I have a slight obsession with wings but I honestly just love food and will even do a little dance and hum a tune when I sit to eat something real good!

What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done? The MS mud run

What’s your least favorite WOD? Anything with running and that lasts longer than 30 min.

Favorite lift/movement? The snatch and Clean and Jerk

What’s your least favorite lift/movement? Push-ups

 What skill are you planning on working on as the new year ​rolls on....?​ strict pull-ups

Whats your favorite piece of workout "gear"? My lifters

What you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF?
My confidence

Who is your favorite coach? I can't pick just one! Every single coach here brings a unique style to the classes they coach. I spent a lot of time in the nooners before starting clinicals so I really enjoyed the coaching of Aimee, Gordy and Steph. Now that I'm back in school I am mostly at the evening classes with Aimee, Keith or Jason and they are all awesome!

PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights?.. I honestly haven't reached any PR's in the past 7 months other than wod'ng for 2! Maintaining pull-ups this far along was a goal so I would say that! I just wanted to say thank you to all the coaches for choosing me as AOTM for July!!!! I feel so honored. It's been a great 8-9 years with some of the OG crew and the new ones! I have met some pretty amazing people along the way and made some long last friendships. Thank you, all of you!

No comments: