11.01.2016

Athlete of the Month





Congratulations Josh McVoy!!!


Hometown:

Swedesburg PA basically at the top of the hill in Bridgeport



Current Location:

Swedeland PA (Roomies with Giuls!)



Age:

Physical or mental? 

30 and 12



Occupation:

Hospitality Management



College:

Boston University



How long have you been a CrossFitter?

2.5 years

Did you ever play sports?



I was a Tri- Varsity athlete at Upper Merion I 

Played Water Polo, Swam and I Rowed



Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share?



I love to cook especially for other people! I also enjoy coaching  swimming and rowing for the local teams. I also love to travel!





What is your biggest achievement at CrossFit?



Taking a step back and being happy with my achievements both short term and long term goals. Crossfit King of Prussia has really taught me to check my Ego at the door.

Oh and ring muscle ups!





What do you feel that you still need to work on?



EVERYTHING! Haha I still need to perfect technique with basically every movement. I would say my least proficient movement at this time is the pistol and anything dealing with over head squats. 



Goals for the rest of this year?



I would like to clean 200lbs! 



What's your favorite WOD?



Anything that's a partner WOD and ones with rope climbs and wall ascents



How about your favorite food/snacks?



OMG where do I begin haha. I have a love hate relationship with Chinese food. I love it and it hates my body. Mmm dumplings! I also love mint chocolate chip ice cream! 



What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done?



Running the Disney world marathon in a speedo.... the chaffing was a b***h! 



What’s your least favorite WOD?



Helen



Favorite lift/movement?



Anything body weight. Especially pull ups



What’s your least favorite lift/movement?



Over head squats



What skill are you planning working on in the new year 2015 the most ?



Cycling ring muscle ups



Whats your favorite piece of workout "gear"?



My speed jump rope that was given to me in my easter basket from everyone at the gym



What you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF?



I would say just living a healthier life style and constantly improving little by little. 



Who is your favorite coach?



They all are great and I love all their personalities and coaching styles. I have great respect for all the work they do and the time they put into coaching!



I am partial to Giuls. She was the first coach I ever met and has not only pushed me in the gym but to be better and to do better outside of the gym as well. She is like a big sister and calls me out all the time holding me accountable while also pushing me to dig deeper and go further! 



PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights?..



I am now proficient at double unders! I can also do muscle ups pretty well now too! I am also happy to be able to clean 185 lbs which I couldn't hit in the open two years ago. 

I'm working on the nutrition thing too... baby steps... 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Train your abs right way at www.greenforlife.tk

Unknown said...

Congrats Josh!

Laura Pappas said...

Maybe you should start on by coming to the nutrition fundis! Guils has had lots of success too good role model for you.