1.02.2009


Bells and Burpees to ring in the New Year!
W.O.D. 1/2/09
Burpees & Kettlebell swings.

This workout runs every minute on the minute for 30 minutes.Start with one rep of each movement on the first minute, then add one rep every minute thereafter.

Example:
Minute One: 1 Burpee, 1 KBS
Minute Two: 2 Burpees, 2 KBS
Minute Three: 3 Burpees, 3 KBS
Minute Four: 4 Burpees, 4 KBS etc ...

Continue as long as you can adding one rep to each movement until you "miss" - until you can no longer complete all the reps within one minute. At that point you re-start on the next minute, beginning at one rep and adding up again. Your total number of reps is your final score for this WOD.

Link:

Quote:
"A goal without a plan is just a wish."
-Larry Elder

Results:
Joe 199
Mike 175
Jill 245
Tim M. 222
Nicole 220
Jeff H. 265
Jason 263
Paul 321
Hannah 254
Aubrey 197

7 comments:

jen said...

ughhh, glad i can't make it, see you all tomorrow

Jason Lyons said...

i think this was my 4th workout ever or something like that. a blast from the past so to speak. it will be interesting to compare totals.

i think we should invite frank for old time's sake.

Anonymous said...

this was my first workout hannah dragged me to! it wasn't fun then, and it won't be fun now!

Jason Lyons said...

i looked up some of our scores.

jason - 198
hannah and tim - 186

let us hope that they are higher today!

i just read an article by jason khalipa (the winner of crossfit games 2008) and he said that he can do no more than 4 cycles of 3 on and 1 off before he needs two rest days. so basically every two weeks, he gives his body extra time to recover. he said if you do not, your will see a significant decrease in your performance at the box. i am going to use this excuse for my bucket kicking bad day. :) it is interesting though.

Anonymous said...

I did this one at home today. I only have a 35 lb kettlebell, but that was plenty. I counted each kettlebell swing as a rep and each burpee as a rep. Hopefully, that is right.

Total reps: 251

I completed up through 9 swings and 9 burpees before failing to complete the next round, then up through 7, and finally up through 6. I may have been able to do more with a kick in the ass, but not much more.

I did my best to stay true to form on the burpees. Those things flash me back to the summer of 1979 at Parris Island doing an untold number of reps in the Drill Instructor's "rose garden" with 10,000 sand fleas on my neck. I believe "Bends & Muthas" was the Marine Corps name for the exercise.

This WOD sounded so easy, but left me with a jackhammering heart and minus 3 lbs of water weight. Very devious indeed.

Anonymous said...

I did a similar workout a long time ago. Instead of kettlebells I did wall ball squats instead. My score was 156.

Anonymous said...

Who's the handsome guy with the great legs swinging the kettlebell? I think I need to marry him and take him home with me!