1.01.2017

Athlete of the Month


Congratulations Dan Faby!

Hometown: Bel Air , MD

Current Location: Jeffersonville, PA

Age: 27

Occupation: Field Engineer College: Widener University

How long have you been a CrossFitter? 5 years (first 2.5 actual cross fitter)

Did you ever play sports? Football in high school Rugby in high school and college and any pick up games i know of now

Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? Lifting is my hobby now. I just like picking heavy things up. Eating and napping are a couple other hobbies of mine 🤗

What is your biggest achievement at CrossFit in the 2016 year? Improving my squatting and deadlifting technique and strength.

What do you feel that you still need to work on? Squat, deadlift and the Oly lifts, they will always need work thats the fun of it!

Goals for the rest of this year? My goals for the end of 2016 was to hit a 450 Lb deadlift and 385 Lb front squat

What's your favorite WOD? If I had to do a wod now it would probably be Isabel or Grace. Unless a 1 rep max snatch counts as a wod

How about your favorite food/snacks? Ohhh where to begin? I love to eat all the things, ben and jerrys chubby hubby ice cream is my favorite thing to snack on , all the delicious calories. Then there is cheesecake, pizza, big juicy steak, crabs, donuts, milkshakes, wine. Is butter a carb? Haha

What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done? Not exactly a workout but I did compete in the worlds toughest mudder, about 4 yrs ago. A 24hr 10mile obstacle course race in the middle of cold December. I did 4 or 5 laps then didnt move for a week. I met a lot of crazy people from all over, England Iceland Australia etc. Craziest thing Ive done and so glad I did it, such a great experience.

What’s your least favorite WOD? Fran...yup fran Favorite lift/movement? No better feeling then hitting a snatch PR. The snatch will be a lift that will take a long time to do well and Ill never get tired of trying to perform it right.

What’s your least favorite lift/movement? I dont plan on doing a thruster or pistols anytime soon. What skill are you planning on working on as the new year 2017 comes? Will be focusing on increasing my snatch and clean and jerk. 285 Lb snatch and 350 Lb clean and jerk are my ultimate goals. Also 500 Lb deadlift and 400 Lb front squat.

Whats your favorite piece of workout "gear"? Love my eleiko belt and my knee wraps they keep me safe and intact while throwing around some weight.

What you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF? My technique in lifts and turning my weaknesses, such as squat and deadlift into my strength. Even you you hate it you must work on your weaknesses!

I really do appreciate getting recognized for working so hard and I try to help others as much as I can. I want everybody to improve, weather it be getting a pr C and J or just being able to string a few pull ups. It is great seeing people get excited about learning a new way to do something.

Who is your favorite coach? All the coaches are great here, but If I had to pick one it would have to be Coach Polpetta. But seriously I've been to quite a few other gyms and they dont compare to CFKoP. I was so lucky to have found this gym 5 yrs ago, looking for an intense atmosphere to workout in and I have gained so much more since then, great friends and even better memories. I do miss paul though, haha


PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights?.. Up to 269 Lb snatch , 319 Lb c&j, 365Lb front squat and just hit 450Lb deadlift at festivus. Finally feeling better about deadlifting! Nutrition highlights?? I gained 40 Lbs this year does that count?

If you read this I appreciate it, now go out and get some gainz!
#giantginger

No comments: