3.31.2018

April Athlete of the Month

                       


     Congratulations Donna!

Hometown: Avalon, New Jersey

Current Location: King of Prussia, PA

Age: 30 Occupation: Expanded Functions Dental Assistant 

College: Harcum College and Temple

How long have you been a CrossFitter? 1 year 6 months (Hit my year mark at CFKOP January!)

Did you ever play sports? Since about 5 I've played T-ball/Softball. I continued Softball through High school as a pitcher and played basketball for fun in between seasons.

Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? Well, I'm a great napper, and when awake from that I enjoy hanging with my family at the beach.

What has been your biggest achievement at CrossFit in the whole 2017 year? Whenever I think of this question it takes me back to King and Queen and actually finishing the first RX WOD of 21-15-9 thrusters, box jumps, and a 400m run with 36 seconds left for the time cap. I honestly never thought I could finish that. I can thank my judge Aimee for not giving me a second during that WOD to let me stop and think of how I was slowly dying. :)

What skill are you planning on working on as the new year 2018 is here? Probably HSPU. They have been on my mind a lot lately.

Goals for the rest of this year? Well first off, to have my baby in July :) , also want to keep working on my Dubs. Its a skill I am frustrated struggling with, but I feel like I'm improving every time they are in a WOD. Also to keep hitting some PRs, pregnancy isn't an excuse to start dropping numbers or skills. :)

What's your favorite WOD? Gwen :)

How about your favorite food/snacks? Probably some good Ribs followed by Handel's Ice cream. And you can throw some reese cups in for breakfast too.

What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done? Craziest not so much... but workout, I've done a handful of tough mudders and mud runs. Also, I did the Hot Chocolate 15k in Philadelphia last spring and finished with one of my fastest times (and the only training I did was showing up to crossfit) :)

What’s your least favorite WOD? Valentines Day Massacre, and for some reason I keep coming back every year.

Favorite lift/movement? Clean and Jerk

What’s your least favorite lift/movement? The dreaded snatch.

Whats your favorite piece of workout "gear"? Wrist Wraps/WODies

What do you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF? My Strength overall. Before crossfit I've always went to a basic gym, and ran on the treadmill and left. Every time leaving I just wanted to hit my head on a wall because it bored me so much. Adding strength training and other fun (and not so fun) cardio movements has had me hooked from day one to keep me coming back.

Who is your favorite coach? I honestly don't think I can pick a favorite. So many of the coaches have helped me improve and understand some sort of movement or lift so much better. Steph gave me my confidence back to kick back up on a wall, Keith helped me understand how to string hang power cleans faster during the Nasty girls WOD. Jason taught me I need to widen my legs more for sumo deadlifts to get the actual full effect.. of then not being able to pick the bar up after doing so, Rachel helped me get my first unassisted pull up, Jenna helped me with the jump pattern of my dubs one morning, Tim added a cash out after an (awful) WOD of a mile run for time, and it was my fastest mile yet. Jill helped me get one somewhat HSPU and is the one who has had me thinking of them ever since, Aimee has helped me overall with everything, Weight, Form, Confidence. She can gauge what I can do better then I can, and I couldn't be more grateful. Even coaches I haven't mentioned, they are all amazing, and all the coaches are always there to greet you with a smile whether it be 7am or 630p. That's how you know they all love where they are at, and what they do.

PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights?.. I PRed my Deadlift at festivus, PRed my Sumo Deadlift 25 weeks pregnant, and so happy I signed up for the 18 open to be part of and witness such an amazing community come together.

No comments: