5.01.2022

Athlete Spotlight - Lenny Shibliski







How long have you been Cross fitting? 
I started my CF journey in 2017 after competitively road cycling for almost 15 years. I decided to pursue this sport called CrossFit. Through struggling for many years, frustration and sheer determination, I finally qualified for my first RX competition (Commonwealth Masters Championship) in 2021. I was very humbled but ended up finishing at the bottom, this brought me disappointment. I know if I want to compete with the big boys, I will need to train much harder to further my strengths and fix my weaknesses. I am determined to become an elite athlete in my age group and compete at the highest level. So yes, I am chasing it. 
 
What brought you to KOP? 
 My heart lead me here since this CF box is one of the most highly regarded places on the East coast, producing outstanding athletes. And, Aimee, whose coaching ability makes exercise more fun, while her programs push and challenge athletes. This community welcomed me with open arms, and I created friends with the same fitness journey as myself. I am blessed. 

Tell us what you’re working on inside and outside the gym? 
Well, I am working on all my weaknesses that sometimes frustrates me in workouts. I am also working on my first Bar muscle up. My life outside is almost the same in meal planning, enjoying walks in the park and a very big audiophile (since music is my favorite hobby). I have one daughter who is my best friend, and I’m becoming a grandparent very soon, which is beyond exciting. 

If you could use your CrossFit strength as a superpower in an action movie, which movie would it be?
 
Star Wars – Revenge of the Sith. I picked this movie because in the part when Anakin Skywalker was given order 66 and went to kill off the young Jedi, I thought maybe with some heavy thrusters along with dumbbell snatches I could have knocked the hell out of him. “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. 

If I quit, however it last forever” Lance Armstrong Thank you again for being chosen for the member spotlight and being a part of this wonderful community.

No comments: