3.01.2023

Athlete Spotlight - Katie F




How long have you been with us at CF KOP? 
I dropped in and took my first class at the end of April in 2022. I started my fundamentals at the beginning of May. I was never so terrified coming to that first class. I didn’t know a single thing about CrossFit and once I walked in I thought I was so intimidated I wanted to run back out the doors. Which I should of never thought that, EVERYONE is so warm and welcoming. I felt right at home. 

What brought you in our doors? 
I’m currently the Assistant Beauty Department Manager at Nordstrom KOP- and Aimee is a client of someone on my team. I was doing Orange Theory previously and it got too boring & not challenging enough. Christine the Beauty Stylist on my team that Aimee works with told me about CrossFit KOP. I figured I would get out of my comfort zone and give it a try. 

In what ways have you grown since being a member here? 
Since becoming a member at CF KOP, I’ve done things I never thought I could ever do. I’m mentally and physically stronger than I thought I could have been. The coaches push me to levels I never thought I could achieve myself. Even in my mind during WODS I’ll find myself telling myself I’ll scale this or that, drop down to a certain weight and the moment I tell the coaches that- they say absolutely not & I then do what I didn’t think I could do. 

If there was a WOD named after you, what would that wod look like? 
Hmmm, I can tell you what it wouldn’t have and that’s snatches!! But it would most likely have handstand push ups, cleans and pull ups.  

Do you have any goals going into 2023? 
So many, the list goes on and on. A couple that I specifically wrote down on New Years Day were 5 strict pull ups, 10 unbroken dubs, 10 kipping pull ups unbroken. Well see!

No comments: