1.16.2023

Congratulations Jeff

 





Congratulations Jeff!!! 

Jeff took home a first place finish at Wodapalooza this weekend! 
...in the Scaled Men’s Division of Wodapalooza 2023.

We are so proud of your dedication and hard work!

Take a look at this message he's sending to our community! 

To my CrossFit KOP family and friends,

I wanted to take a few hours to truly let this past weekends experience sink in and even now words escape me. I came to you on a Monday at the end of February 2018 when my first gym closed feeling a bit lost and a little nervous. It was like taking your first CrossFit class all over again… a unfamiliar place and with unfamiliar faces. 

I knew very shortly that KOP was different when Mike Roth asked me if I wanted to partner in warmup that first class. Mike and I are still friends to this day and not a week goes by where we don’t chat. Fast forward 5 years and I’m still grateful for that day, the impression you all made on me, and to still be a part of this family. The gym has been through so much over the 15 years it’s existed and it… WE are still here. It proves that we are resilient, strong, and adaptable as one and I’m proud to be part of that. 

Aimee has truly made something rare and precious. She’s taken “misfits” and games athletes alike and made each of is feel like we are all someone special and for that I am forever grateful to her and you all.

CrossFit has been a part of my life for nearly 10 years… 10 YEARS… And in that decade I’ve competed in countless competitions always landing just short of standing at the top of a podium. It wasn’t until King and Queen of 2022 that I would win my very first CrossFit competition and less then half a year later I would get the second win of my life, the Scaled Men’s Division of Wodapalooza 2023.

This was my third year competing here in Miami, all three times carrying the name of CrossFit King of Prussia along side of my own. Each year I tried my hardest to make you all proud. I wanted to represent the gym and you all more than just myself. I hope I was able to do that.

This year was so different. I still really can’t describe the feeling and I’m not entirely sure I will ever be able to. I just want you all to know that you were with me each day out there on that floor, every time I felt nervous, every time my body screamed stop… you all kept me going. 

For all the hours we’ve spent together, challenging each other, pushing each other, celebrating with each other… this weekends victory is not mine alone, it’s all of ours. 

Thank you all for the support this weekend and through the years it took to get here. I couldn’t have done this without you. 

-Jeff



No comments: