4.01.2021

April Athlete of the Month: Danielle Crowers




Hometown: King of Prussia, PA

Current Location: King of Prussia, PA


Age: 19


Occupation: Retail management 


College: West Chester University


How long have you been a CrossFitter? About 8 months now!


Did you ever play sports? Yes! I ran cross country and track & field in high school. 


Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? In my free time I like watching Netflix and going to the gun range. 


What has been your biggest achievement at CrossFit in general? Honestly, my biggest accomplishment has been getting stronger both physically and mentally. 


What skill have you been working on during 2021? Rope climbs!


Goals for the rest of this year? I would love to get a bar muscle up.


What's your favorite WOD? This may be an unpopular opinion but probably Barbara. 


How about your favorite food/snacks? I really like tacos and chicken tenders. 


What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done? When I ran cross country, we did a handful of workouts running up this insanely steep hill – it was not a fun time.  


What’s your least favorite WOD? Contrary to my high school sports, anything that involves running. I think I’ve had enough for one lifetime. 


Favorite lift/movement? I really like backsquats and bar muscle up transitions.  


What’s your least favorite lift/movement? Thrusters and power snatches. 


What’s your favorite piece of workout "gear"? My sneakers. 


What would you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF? Rope climbs!


Who is your favorite coach? I can’t pick – I love them all! I think they each have their own unique training styles and they’ve each shaped me into a better athlete. 


PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights? It might seem small, but I recently hit 145 lbs. for my 3RM backsquat. 


No comments: