11.09.2017

Meet the Coaches - Keith







What credentials do you have? 
CF-L1 April 2012 
CF-L2 December 2014
CF-Kids August 2013
USAW Sports Performance Coach Setember 2013

When and why did you become a coach?
May 2012 Because I was a bum that hung around the gym all day and Aimee had the thought that I would probably be more useful as a coach.

What is the impact you hope that your coaching has on athletes? I mostly hope that every member that comes to my classes walks out feeling better than when they walked in. Whether it is because they were able to learn something new, hit a PR or just laugh because I can be a real Beetlejuice sometimes.

What hobbies and interests do you have outside of the gym? I love fast cars. Specifically Mustangs, Camaros and most other American muscle cars. I'm not interested forced induction four cylinder engines that only seem fast because they have loud mufflers that sound like a fart in a can. There is no replacement for displacement. I also happen to love Jeopardy. Aleeeesha DVRs it for me and usually lets me watch it while we have dinner. I'm always 3 weeks behind but I don't consider that to be a bad thing because I could just binge watch it. Alex Trebek happens to be a real OG too.

CLICK HERE to watch some Jeopardy.

What did you do/or do you do for a career outside of coaching? I am a field consultant for Stryker. I coordinate and maintain Stryker's minimally invasive surgical equipment used by Mainline Health at Lankenau Hospital. If you have ever had a scope procedure on your knee or a laparoscopic procedure like gallbladder or appendix removed, it was probably performed with our equipment. And in November I will be moving into a new role where in Stryker's Communications division where I will be working with our integrated operating room services and equipment.

What are your goals and interests as an athlete? Once I get my knee straightened out, rebuild strength and attempt to qualify for the American Open again. I'm not jaded and I understand that it is a long shot. That is what i will be working on in the coming year as well as to remain healthy and do things the right way, not the faster/shitty way.

Favorite quote?
"Fitness is never finished"

No comments: