10.15.2010

Some Notable Stuff

Video:
"I Gave Up Coffee For CrossFit" with Kristan Clever - video [wmv] [mov]

From Lisbeth Darsh:

Go Ahead

Go ahead and cheat.

Short your squat, don’t open your hips fully, keep your nipples off the deck in a push-up, and add extra reps to your count in Tabata.

Do whatever you want. Cheat and lie and pump up your achievements. Decide what you want to do with your movements, your workout, your life. Decide if you want to live up to CrossFit standards. But don’t give me a second thought.

Because ultimately I don’t have to live with you. You have to live with your actions, your decisions, your life. You have to look at yourself in the mirror every day.

I can show you a high standard and coach you to meeting it, but I can’t make you do the work correctly.

So, what’s that mirror looking like for you today? Can you face it? Can you live with who you are and what you’ve done? Or is there some nagging pit in your stomach, some anger rising in your throat, some hostility starting to boil in your blood?

Maybe you think I’m talking about you.

So, tell me, am I? And what are you going to do about it? Are you going to meet standards or are you going to keep hiding from that mirror?

Decide and let me know . . . with your squat and your push-up and your deadlift.

I’ll see you at the gym.

Quote:
“No legacy is so rich as honesty.”
- William Shakespeare

No comments: