5.01.2021

May Athlete of the Month: Meredith Hamilton






Hometown: Hatboro, PA

Current Location: Pottstown, PA

Age: 44

Occupation: Project Management Consultant

College: King’s College

How long have you been a CrossFitter? 5 years

Did you ever play sports? I swam competitively growing up.

Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? Outside of CrossFit, work and driving my daughter around to activities, I love to travel and read fiction. I am a big animal lover and our menagerie includes a parrot, a dog, 7 zebra finches, two turtles and a hermit crab.

What has been your biggest achievement at CrossFit in general? One of the things I love most about CrossFit is the feeling when your body does something you never thought you’d do. I never considered myself athletic or particularly coordinated. So every skill I gain at CrossFit has been amazing to me. I remember clearly the first handstand push-up, the first rope climb to the tape, the first toes-to-bar, first dub, the big lift PRs and the first pull-up.

What skill have you been working on during 2021? Everything – I am always a work in progress. Dubs and toes-to-bar so far this year.

Goals for the rest of this year? String toes-to-bar, reduce ab mats on HSPUs, string dubs and string more pull-ups.

What's your favorite WOD? The Seven – I love long WODs with low reps of multiple movements.

What’s your least favorite WOD? Anything involving running. And box jumps. Someday I’ll get past that one.

Favorite lift/movement? Back squats, deadlifts, GHDs & overhead squats. I also love kettlebells and slam balls.

What’s your least favorite lift/movement? The ones I currently struggle with – running, dubs, snatches. And box jumps.

What would you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF? When I first started, I would often fall over during overhead squats, even light ones (there’s a picture somewhere in the archives…). So it’s exciting to me now that my overhead squats are solid and I can put over 100 lbs up there without struggling.

Who is your favorite coach? Every coach at KoP is top notch – there’s a reason I drive to KoP from Pottstown every day…because it’s the best. 😊 Aimee’s programming is the best, she runs a tight ship and I appreciate all of it and everyone in this great community.


1 comment:

Dr. John DenBoer said...

Transform Your Outdoor Space with Premium Pavers in Medley, Florida. Enhance your home or business in Medley, Florida with our top-quality pavers. Our skilled team specializes in designing and installing durable and beautiful paver solutions that are tailored to your specific needs. With a wide range of styles, colors, and patterns to choose from, we can create a stunning outdoor space that complements your property's aesthetics. Whether it's a patio, driveway, walkway, or pool deck, our pavers are built to withstand Florida's weather conditions while adding value and charm to your property. Contact us today to bring your outdoor vision to life with our premium pavers in Medley, Florida!