10.01.2022

Athlete Spotlight





Help us congratulate Rachael our October Athlete Spotlight. She's done it all from group classes to personal training, you can catch Rachael training mid-morning with Aimee- she's the one always smiling and ready to get after it. Check out her Q&A below:


How long have you been at CF KOP? 

I started at CF KOP in the summer of 2010? I was introduced to crossfit by a coworker and contacted Aimee for an introduction. I remember showing up sipping a large coffee thinking the introduction session was going to be some gym guru trying to sell me on the latest fitness craze. The next thing I know I'm doing the baseline and I couldn't even do a pushup or a pullup. I immediately signed up for a membership. When I first started, I had never even picked up anything heavier than 10lb. dumbbells. 

What made you decide personal training was the best option for you? 

In 2015, I herniated 3 discs in my neck (not at CF KOP) and spent the next few years mostly doing yoga and spinning classes. After a while, I was bored and started to skip classes. I gained 30lbs in one year and knew I needed something to change. I started with personal sessions so someone was holding me accountable. It's a lot harder to cancel when someone is expecting you to show up. 

Aimee tells us you have some really cool hobbies. Can you share with us what keeps you so busy? 

I really am a nerd. I LOVE to read and started knitting and sewing about 2 years ago. I love making bags, blankets and I've even made sweaters for Chloe and Gavin's stuffed animals. My favorite hobby is volunteering with Adopt a Boxer Rescue and Furvivors Animal Sanctuary. I've been a foster for almost 10 years through the boxer rescue. My favorite fosters are the mill mommas that come from commercial breeding facilities. This summer I started volunteering at the animal sanctuary where I care for horses, a cow named Bubbles and recently they rescued a fawn with a broken leg. 

How has being a member at CF KOP helped you achieve your fitness goals? 

When I started training with Aimee my primary goal was to lose weight. I was nervous about lifting heavy weights again, but with consistency and Aimee coaching my technique I naturally grew stronger. 

What are some goals, fitness or otherwise, you have currently? 

Mostly, I want to stay healthy and if I was able to get a bar muscle up in the process, I would be thrilled. 

1 comment:

Ben B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.