2.01.2021

February Athlete of the Month: Laura Steppe



Hometown: Williamsport, Pa

Current Location: King of Prussia

Age: 34

Occupation: Retail Banking (Assistant Manager)

College: The Art Institute of Philadelphia

How long have you been a CrossFitter? Almost 2 years

Did you ever play sports? Yes, I tried softball but didn’t like it. I played basketball and soccer for 2-3 years. But I was mainly in gymnastics, dance and competitive cheerleading.

Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? When it’s nice out, I like to go hiking.

What has been your biggest achievement at CrossFit in general? Gaining back the excitement of being an “athlete” again. For the longest time I was lost when I had to give up cheerleading and I feel like I found my happiness again.

What skill have you been working on during 2020? Bar muscle up drills

Goals for the rest of this year? A f***ing bar muscle up!!!!

What's your favorite WOD? Anything with deadlifts or rope climbs

How about your favorite food/snacks? Lately I’ve been loving Salmon. 

What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done? Does running to a cruise ship in Honduras before we miss it count as a workout? I don’t run and I had flip flops on so that was a lot! 

What’s your least favorite WOD? Anything with burpees in Favorite lift/movement? Deadlift

What’s your least favorite lift/movement? Burpees Whats your favorite piece of workout "gear"? Sneakers

What you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF? Learning my limits and when to stop pushing it.

Who is your favorite coach? All the coaches are great, each one brings something different.

PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights? Since 2021 started, I’ve had 2 PR’s! My bench press at 90 pounds (15 pound PR) and my split jerk at 105 pounds (5 pound PR). After Thanksgiving I changed my eating habits and I have seen a huge change in my body. I am gaining muscle and have so much more energy! I feel so much better overall.

No comments: