1.08.2024

Welcome Matt Powell


Happy New Year and Happy 16th year as CrossFit KOP! 

As many of you know, the last 3 years have been challenging, from Covid to the flood.. and "oh yeah" I almost forgot to mention that lovely bike path they created out front....we have been tested. But for me, what has been truly remarkable is how our amazing community came together and sprung to action when we were in need. I am so thankful for you, the kind, generous, committed, and strong members who make KOP, well… KOP! 

From the very first day I opened the doors at KOP, I was devoted to offering the highest level of coaching and community. That said, it has become increasingly challenging for me to run CrossFit KOP and work/travel for CrossFit HQ for seminars and as part of their global mentor program, not to mention find time to be with my family. 

To help ease the load and ensure that this community gets the attention and service it deserves, I have made the decision to hire a General Manager for CrossFit King of Prussia. Please join me in welcoming our newest member and now GM, Matt Powell. Matt, a former US Marine, graduate from Purdue and a newcomer to the Philly area, has been in the CrossFit world since 2009; he has been coach and owner of CrossFit gyms in California and New Jersey and, like many devotees, Matt has even planned family vacations around visiting the local box. Matt will take on managing the gym, customer service, marketing, sales, finance and facility management as well as helping out with the day-to-day business tasks (you know, the stuff I hate doing!) and coaching a few classes. 

I know he is very interested in meeting and hearing from all you as he thinks about how we can improve the service we provide our athletes, how we make the most of our space and how we can enhance the experience of our community. To be clear, you’re not getting rid of me! I still plan to coach classes and clients, help with coach development and participate in this community without the background stress of trying to juggle it all! 

Cheers to this exciting new chapter for CrossFit KOP! Please welcome Matt the next time you see him at the gym! 

No comments: