3.01.2021

March Athlete of the Month: Sam Bowen

 




Hometown: Collegeville, PA


Current Location: King of Prussia


Age: 27


Occupation: Cyber Security Sales 


College: Randolph Macon College 


How long have you been a CrossFitter? 3 years 


Did you ever play sports? Yes, Soccer, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse. ended up playing college Soccer 


Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? I like to Golf a lot. 


What has been your biggest achievement at CrossFit in general? Honestly everything. It’s nice to have something where you can constantly get better.


What skill have you been working on during 2021? Gymnastics much to my chagrin.


Goals for the rest of this year? 500 Pound squat and better overall at Gymnastic movements 


What's your favorite WOD? Probably Nancy. That or any heavy barbell cycle that involves cardio too.


How about your favorite food/snacks? Everything that they tell you not to eat at crossfit. But pizza is my favorite.


What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done? I use to run this circuit that I made up one day training for soccer it would be a combination of Long runs, sprints, and hill runs. 


What’s your least favorite WOD? Anything with high gymnastic skill set. 


Favorite lift/movement? Most people will think I will say squatting. But I actually have come to enjoy Double Unders due to the fact that’s all we did in January.


What’s your least favorite lift/movement? All of the gymnastic movements. 


What’s your favorite piece of workout "gear"? It’s controversial but I actually love the assault bike.


What would you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF? Probably my clean. I really struggled early on with the clean. 


Who is your favorite coach? Probably too difficult to say. Aimee’s always there to push me whether it be as a coach or when working out together. Manisha puts up with my shenanigans a lot. She pushes me in gymnastics and despises when I try to do ring rows every workout. So my improvement in gymnastics is definitely attributed to her not allowing me to slack. Also the rest of the coaching staff is awesome. They always make you feel welcome for any class. 


PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights?

Getting on the board for the CrossFit total was really cool. But overall trying to get nutrition in check for 2021 is a big goal for me.

No comments: