11.15.2017

Meet the Coaches - Manisha




What credentials do you have?
CrossFit Level 1
CrossFit Level 2
CrossFit Kids 

When and why did you become a coach?
I started coaching in January 2017. For me, Crossfit goes beyond the workout- and as a coach, I havan opportunity to make a positive impact in people’s lives, helping them uncover their own potential.

What is the impact you hope that your coaching has on athletes? There is nothing more rewarding than to see athletes achieve something that they once thought was impossible, and progress towards their goals. As a coach, I hope to help athletes discover their own potential, reach their goals, and change their life for the better.

What hobbies and interests do you have outside of the gym? I enjoy reading, traveling, and spending time with my family.

What did you do/or do you do for a career outside of coaching? I worked as an IT consultant for many years, and then as a Medical Device sales rep for 2+ years.

What are your goals and interests as an athlete? There are so many goals I would like to work towards. And one of my goals has been to work on my squat. Last August, I became aware of my immature squat (where the torso comes forward) and how it was limiting my progress. I started focusing on building more overall strength, and doing squat therapy. Its been great to track and see the progress I have made, and continue to work on getting better at squats.

Favorite quote(s)?
"I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” -Maya Angelou

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength” - Arnold Schwarzenegger

No comments: