11.10.2017

Meet the Coaches - Jenna



What credentials do you have?
CrossFit Level 1, Level 2 and CrossFit Kids.


When and why did you become a coach?
I became a coach a little more than two years ago. I shadowed Aimee for a year and a half prior. During that time I fell in love with CrossFit very quickly and wanted to be a part of it every day. I enjoyed learning about it and making it a bigger part of my life.

What is the impact you hope that your coaching has on athletes?
I hope that the hour they're with me in class is one of the best hours of their day. I hope people leave my class feeling a little more happy and hopefully mores sweaty too! I hope people feel secure and learn something. Lastly, I want them to feel a little closer to their goals and feel confident in class.

What hobbies and interests do you have outside of the gym?
I don't have a lot of hobbies other than CrossFit! I do enjoy watching some TV, playing with my cats, and going out to eat!

What did you do/or do you do for a career outside of coaching?
I am an Assistant to an Owner of a Fitness company. We manage gyms or Rec facilities and their fitness centers. I do everything from Payroll to personal training but mostly being on the phone with my boss.

My goals are in all departments.
I would love to get a Bar Muscle- Up before the Open but all my gymnastics need improvements as well. I want to hit 200# on my back squat and 300# deadlift. My engine will forever need work and is ever developing!

What are your goals and interests as an athlete?
For me, my mental toughness in work- outs and in my eating discipline definitely need improvement which I am always aware of.

Favorite Quote?
I always love the quote "change begins outside of your comfort zone." It always represented the importance of developing as a person and to always try and grow by trying something different, even if it's hard.

No comments: