11.20.2017

Meet the Coaches - Jason




What credentials do you have?
CrossFit Level 1, 2, 3 – Certified CrossFit Trainers Board of Directors – CrossFit Kids – CrossFit Weightlifting – CrossFit Powerlifting – CrossFit Mobility – CrossFit Football – CrossFit Gymnastics – USAW Level 1

When and why did you become a coach? I fell in love with CrossFit and I saw how it changed my body. Also, I felt that many people coming into the gym may not be able to relate to Aim due to her level of fitness so with me, we had both ends of the spectrum covered; if I could do it, so could they. Also, as the gym grew, Aimee could not do it all so I stepped up to the plate. I received my Level 1 on Valentine’s Day 2009.

What is the impact you hope that your coaching has on athletes? I am not quick with compliments so when I say good, it really means that it was great. I hope that people appreciate the technical aspect of my coaching and I hope that everyone has a good time…whether they are laughing with me or at me, I don’t care as long as they are having fun.

What hobbies and interests do you have outside of the gym? Work is a pretty time consuming interest. In all seriousness, I love spending time with my family…they mean the world to me and I would step in front of a train for them. When not with them, I kind of have a thing for Pearl Jam and that thing may be synonymous with an obsession. I have seen them 130 some times. I am also extremely actively involved in my Fraternity as an alumni volunteer.

What did you do/or do you do for a career outside of coaching? I manage a high performance plastic business that is sold most exclusively into the aerospace industry. My degrees are in engineering so never stop learning new skills.

What are your goals and interests as an athlete? I wish I was more consistent. I find that when I do not travel, I have more energy and I am excited to get to the gym. When I travel, I find that I am stressed and do not sleep as well so my energy is low and getting to the gym is hard. I need to improve in that. My ego is gone so I doubt I will ever get back to 2010 levels but I can always try. I would love to get muscle up number 56 and I would love to overhead squat 275 again.

Favorite quote(s)? I have two.. “The sun is setting…the sun will rise another day” -- Eddie Vedder and “We may not win…but we can do something better…we can deserve to”… John Adams.

No comments: