2.09.2009

"From Start to Finish"
-Aimee Lyons

To be involved in something that you are truly passionate about, which also benefits an entire community and helps everyone you touch become a better human being, is both powerful and amazing. It was a remarkable feeling to be in a room of 200+ affiliate owners and realize what a huge impact CrossFit has had on their lives and everyone whom they have touched. The buzz it has created based on pure results and individual successes is AWESOME! If you are reading this note, this is truly a community that you are a part of; one that is larger than your town, neighborhood or city. It is simply HUGE, an ocean of individuals coming together sharing stories, successes and determination.

Throughout my life prior to CrossFit, I was driven to complete something from "start to finish" and move on to my next goal. It took CrossFit to show me that is not, really, what it is all about. It is about the journey, not the start or the finish. I need to thank "Coach" for helping me realize that it is the journey, and more specifically the CrossFit journey, which is truly the best part. Greg Glassman has given the community tools to create a revolution of health, fitness and camaraderie around the world.

CrossFit is no longer about drinking the "Koolaid", but rather about understanding that you NEED to drink the Koolaid to better your life and live long and prosper as an individual and healthy human being!

I hope that every day when you walk out of CrossFit KoP you have learned something from me because if you're walking out with nothing, then I have failed at my job…
-Aimee

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your father and I are so proud of what you have accomplished.
Tell Jason the video is awesome showing all the great activities in a four minutes.

Jason Lyons said...

thanks mil!

Jason Lyons said...

In all seriousness and not because of my relation to you, we are the ones that are thankful. You gave direction and motivation to a Jabba the Hutt in training and for that, I can never repay you. We will add pictures later but with your help, I have lost almost 30 pounds and I feel stronger than I ever have in my entire life...and that includes when I played sports in high school. You dedication and passion to watch us succeed is unparalleled. Thank you so very much....

Anonymous said...

Aimee,

Not to be corny but meeting you and incorporating Crossfit into my life has really changed my outlook on fitness and what it means to me to be "in shape". WIthout really trying I've lost weight but more importantly I've started to do things that never seemed possible in our WOD.

Thanks for your passion and bringing it to others.

Scott M said...

I think that everyone at crossfit brings something to the table. Not only do we have more than 1 crossfit certified instructors in class you also have the everyday crossiftter who might be a manager or organizer in class. Its so well rounded. There is not one person who takes class who is an expert in every aspect of crossfit, so its a meshing of the minds everyday that we workout that we might do together. That in of itself makes it worth coming. We all bring something to the table. And yet we are all students of the game. Always wanting more information. So if you havent learned anything in just one class Aimee hasnt failed, in a way you have failed yourself in not achieving what was set at the table.

Anonymous said...

The last time I met anyone as motivating as you was when I met my Marine Corps Drill Instructors at Parris Island just about 30 years ago. The only difference is you are a little nicer and a heck of a lot cuter!!! Mom and Dad are right to be proud. They did good!

Laura Pappas said...

Aimee doing crossfit with you has been the single most impactful element of working out that I've ever done. Our group is motivating and supportive.
Each of us has our unique strengths and humanly each of us has our unique weaknesses. Doing crossfit has pushed my fitness to the next level, I'm stronger than I have even been and now instead of thinking I can't do that, I think I can't do that YET...