7.19.2018

Dana Dilullo



What first brought you in the doors of CrossFit King of Prussia? 
A kid named John Kenney. He had a 6 pack and said the workouts were insane. I walked into KOP and sat on the bench while the class was just finishing up their wod. I asked how long it was. The girl sitting next to me said 7 mins. I thought to myself " 7 mins? really? piece of cake" Little did I know what 7 mins meant in CrossFit. I signed up that day.

 What has kept you consistent?
The feeling I get at 3.2.1 go and how amazing I feel when the wod is over. As time has gone on, I have met some of my very best friends at KOP. Over the years I’ve had 2 little girls and now they see me coming to the gym and staying healthy and I want to show them that they can be strong and healthy too. I have begun to realize that this is a journey. There are peaks and valleys, and when you are in a valley it can be very hard to find the confidence that you once had. I have found that no matter where I am on this journey the friendships that I have made keep me positive and confident that I can do more and get better. The camaraderie I feel when I'm at KOP and the true sense of belonging is what keeps me coming back.

 What advice do you have to newer athletes?
Newer athletes and a husband named Pete D? You’re gonna love it. Trust me. It’s you versus you. There is no ego in here except the one you check at the door. Everyone here wants to see you succeed. It’s true. And you’ll meet some of your best friends here. The downfall? You’ll start to talk about crossfit all the time, to everyone, at dinner and before you go to bed, and before you know it your kids don’t go to bed before the blog is updated because you can’t bear to fall asleep before knowing your morning strategy.

 What would you tell someone thinking about joining our community? 
 I would say… Did you sign up yet? You totally should. There’s free water on Wednesday’s. 😂😂😂 It’s so fun here. I’ll show you where the front desk is... we have auto pay and can get the paperwork completed before you leave.

No comments: