4.20.2010

W.O.D. 4.21.10
Skill:
Snatch Balance

Advanced:
Ten rounds for time of
3 Weighted Pull-ups, 45/25 pounds
5 Strict Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-ups

For weighted pull-ups place a 45 pound dumbbell between the legs above crossed ankles and jettison the dumbbell after third rep and continue with strict pull-ups and then the kipping pull-ups. Coming off the bar or going to ground constitutes termination of a set.

Intermediate:*
Ten rounds for time of
3 Strict Pull-ups
5 Kipping Pull-ups
7 Burpees

* scaling with the bands is allowed!


Community Note:
There will be NO CrossFit Kids class this Sunday at 11am, I will be conducting the Warm-up for the March for Babies walk.

Quote:
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible it temporary.

Impossible is nothing.

Results:
Intermediate Rx:

Nikki 11:43
Mike F. 18:08
Jeff 13:49
Jen S. 15:31
Grans 14:46
Laura 17:26
Olan 21:32
Jim C. 17:35

Intermediate Scale:

Kathleen 12:58
Donkey 18:38
CC 18:50
Maura 14:14
Jay S. 16:50
Tom 16:43
Trish 14:47
Kelly 17:33
Katie 18:46
Deb 20:43
Kara 16:16
Dorothy 15:49
Brian R. 15:29
Brendan 14:56
Joanna 13:46
Miranda 19:25
Patti 18:48
Brian M. 18:20
Andy 17:44
Vincent 16:18
Tim G. 23:47
Mel 15:29
Hannah 15:23

11 comments:

Miranda said...

Yum! I just had Paleo banana sun butter pancakes and they were delicious! I must say that the Sunflower butter works better than the Almond butter. If anyone wants the recipe I can post it. Serioulsy took like 10min to make too.

Dorothy said...

Miranda. I would love the recipe.

Chris P. said...

just going to plug the nutrition night for tomorrow (beginner 5-6 and advanced 6-7), especially for new members. Come with questions.

Remember 80% of how you look is from what you eat!

CC said...

Wish I could come tomorrow for the nutrition night, but have a meeting with a bride at 6:30.

Plentus, what did you think of LOST last night?!

Chris P. said...

Sh*t is going to hit the fan in the next few episodes, that's for sure...I def. thought the fence wasn't turned off at the end and you-know-who and you-know-who were fried turkeys

CC said...

I thought the EXACT same thing - also thought the whole Sun thing talking was a mistake until the pilot said something. Can't wait till next week.

Melanie said...

Miranda,
I would love the recipe!! I miss my Sunday morning banana pancakes!

Jeff said...

Sorry I can't make it tomorrow night - I'll be practicing looking like a business dinner. And being grumpy over the fact that Lost isn't on next week.

Unknown said...

Miranda - can you post the recipe? I heart banana pancakes!

Dorothy said...

Miranda,
Forgot to leave my e-mail address. Pull ups turned my brain to mush.
here it is...
dorothy.e.bowers@gsk.com

Aimee Lyons said...

Miranda- feel free to post the recipe to comments or email me and I'll link it up under the nutrition blog.