10.26.2009


Oakland SWAT Sergeant Daniel Sakai, age 35, was killed on March 21, 2009 in the line of duty along with fellow officers Sergeant Ervin Romans, Sergeant Mark Dunakin, and Officer John Hege. Daniel is survived by wife Jenni and daughter Jojiye.
W.O.D. 10.27.09

"Danny"
As Many Rounds as possible in 20 min of:
24" box jump, 30 reps *
115 pound push press, 20 reps (75 ladies)
30 pull-ups

*CFKoP boxes are either 13"/21"/25"...you can add bumpers to make exactly 24" or scale to ability.

Read:
Halloween is this Saturday. CrossFit Zone (Canada) has some advice on candy: Boo!

Halloween WOD:
Click here to read about our Halloween party and Wolverine/Wolverine Cub WODs scheduled for Friday October 30th. Come in costume, best costume wins a prize! Games, fun and pumpkin carving too!!!

Quote:
"Belief triggers the power to do"
-David Schwartz

Results:
Tim P. 3 +
Jen S. 2
Aimee 3+
Megs (65#) 3
Chris S. 2+
Kristen (65#) 2+
Jeff 3+
Lisa 3
Tom P (75#)2+
Mike B 3+
Curtin 2+
Trisha (65#)2+
Miranda 2+
Chris P. 3+
Nikki 3
Shawn 2+
JZ 3
Sam 4
Jerry 1+
Kelly (55) 2+
Cate 3
Jamie (30#) 2+
Kelsey (65#) 2+
Mike F. 2+
Liz (55#) 2+

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will there still be a 12 noon WOD on Friday and Saturday? Id love to do wolverine on friday if I can dtart at noon or a little earlier before I go to the Pearl Jam concert.

Scott

Aimee Lyons said...

Friday- There is a 6AM, 12PM, 4:30PM, 5:30PM and 6:30PM.
The Wolverinie or Wolverine Cub WOD option is available at any time on Friday, it is the Workout of the day.

Saturday- There is a 12:00PM and 1:00PM. Blog for Saturday's WOD will be posted on Friday at 10PM, this will NOT be the Wolverine.

Miranda said...

I will be doing the Cub cause I am a puss at around 5:45 if anyone wants to do it with me!

Jeff said...

I'm trying the Wolverine at 4:30 if anyone else is in the mood for pain.

Anonymous said...

I have the best costume, but i cannot imagin making it very far through the wod without ripping it the hell off!! I'm going to try to get the hubby to come and make him do the cub with me!

Planning on bringing yummy buffalo chicken dip for the partay :-)

Laura Pappas said...

Lisa - I checked lara bars are on sale for 99 cents through the end of October at REI.

We're going tonight, if you want me to get you some let me know.

Miranda said...

Laura,
Can you grab me 2 or 3 and I will give you the $$$ tonight. Does REI take coupons? I have 2 coupons for Laura bars

Aimee Lyons said...

Quick note on the Wolverine/Wolverine Cub WOD for Friday. Anyone doing the Wolverine Cub WOD will start at the regularly scheduled time for class 4:30/5:30/6:30. We will run Wolverine Heats on the 1/2 hour starting at 4:30...last full Wolverine heat will go off at 6:00PM, due to the darkness of the Lyons Loop.

Miranda said...

Hi I only got 2 full rounds and was going into my 20 pull ups when the 20 min was up. My score should only be 2+. Thanks