7.07.2009

Every bar was filled!!!

W.O.D. 7.8.09
"Chelsea"
Each minute on the minute for 30 minutes complete:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

Can you continue for thirty minutes? Twenty minutes? How about 10?

If you fall behind the clock keep going for thirty minutes and see how many rounds you can complete in the remaining amount of time.

If you've finished the workout before this time add +1 to each exercise, i.e., 6 pull-ups, 11 push-ups, and 16 squats each minute, and see if you can go the full thirty minutes.... +2, +3 or +4?

Click here to view an early "Chelsea" post on the HQ mainpage.


Note:
So as of 7/7/09 I've been officially teaching CrossFit classes for a year! Click here to view a post from CrossFit KoP class number 1, the early days...thanks Nicole and Jason for sticking with me since class one...so I guess 7/7 marked our official anniversary!! Happy anniversary to us!! Check out the picture and the gains (or losses) Nicole and Jason have made!

Quote:
"Measure yourself by your best moments, not by your worst. We are too prone to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression."
~ Robert Johnson

Results:
+1 Aimee 30
+1 Swine 30
+1 Sam 17/9
+1 Doug 13/8
+1 Tim P. 14/12
+1 Scott 17/6
+1 Mike M. 15/10
Dave 3/9
Hannah 2/10
Meg 10/11
Jen 4/?
Lisa 14/6
Mike F. 3/11
Nick 4/10
Curin 5/12
Nicole 2/13
Jon 10/6
Steph 2/9
Patti 3/12
Kristin 5/10
Miranda 2/12
Jim C. 4/12
Brian 2/6
Kelly 3/12
Mike B. 4/13

16 comments:

KDitty said...

Congratulations on a year!! It is amazing to see to progress everyone has made. Great Job!!

Jason Lyons said...

i am a bit sad that i am not doing this as it was my first cf experience. my score was 2/3. that means for the first two minutes i was able to finish the 5, 10, 15 and in the final 28 minutes, i was only able to complete 3. i remember vividly doing this workout and i actually was doing jumping pullups...i had not yet graduated to the black band. it was a nightmare and i could not feel my arms after it. i am pretty sure that i could pass this score today so i am sad that i will not be doing it. maybe at the next open gym. thanks aim, you are the best. love ya. congrats on a year!

Miranda said...

Congrats Aimee! You're the reason this all started. Wishing you many years of success, happiness and memories! Thanks Coach!

Tom said...

Aimee Congrats on one year training crossfit! I am thrilled to be one of your "new recruits!"

Did this work out a bit differently..i just did as many rounds as I could in 30 minutes. I also used a gravitron at 105lbs since pull ups are one of my weak points, among other things right now. However i did 15 rounds which I felt pretty good about. Wish I could have been in class today I know i could have done better with some encouragement! See you tomorrow 6am!

Meighan said...

Jason - you had that "flubber" you were talking this am in this picture!

You and Nicole look awesome but more importantly feel awesome!

Congrats to all of you and especially Aimee

Aimee Lyons said...

Thanks everyone! It's been an amazing year!!

I'd love to get some "before CrossFit" and now pictures together from all of you who have been with training and seen dramatic results...send them to crossfitkop@gmail.com...and I will compile them for a future post.

Tom- awesome work...welcome to the blog!

Laura Pappas said...

Congrats on one year Aim. I remember my first crossfit class too, guess what it was, deadlifts! And I remember Hannah being in my group, with my max deadlift at like 70lbs and hers at least double mine :) I was intimidated. Thanks for sticking with all of us and helping us make ourselves so much better.

Tim P said...

I remember my first class too, it was about 1 week after that 1st class picture, and also after Laura's first class where she said I would like the intensity and teaching style of Aimee. Hooked since. Such a awesome coach! Congrats, and many more @ XFKoP!

Miranda said...

I was too scared to come back after my first class. I was so intimadated and felt like the weakest link! after a month of watching everyone at the FAC, I had to come back! Now, I am addicted and will never go back to a globo gym

CP said...

CONGRATS AIMEE!!!! Can't wait to be apart of many more KOP Xfit anniversaries :D

Jeff said...

Congratulations Aimee, heck of a year. Just looking back at early times and weights used in our workout, I can see that we've all made really dramatic increases in strength and endurance. Can't wait to see what the next year brings, keep up the great work!

Curin said...

Congrats Aimee! i remember my first experience at the old box and i used PVC and was sore as hell. i was also scared to come back at first and then i just sucked it up and have been addicted ever since!

Ray said...

You have had one hell of a year Aimee. You have changed quite a few lives and may have saved a few as well. That, my friend, is the ultimate accomplishment.

Have a great time in Aromas. I have no doubt that you will be competing there next year.

Ray said...

C'mon, how hard can this possibly be?

Thirty minutes later:

6/8.....pretty damn hard!

Kit said...

Congratulations Aimee!!! And congratulations to all of CFKOP. Without Aimee or the athletes (and that slight tweak we all have in our brains that make us a bit crazy and sadistic for wanting to come back for more) non of this would ever have happened. Keep up the good work team.

Semper Fi

Miranda said...

Swine~ great job last night!