6.23.2009

Jim-I'm pretty sure that's "rest" and you still owe those 50 burpees from February...Oh, and it's your Birthday, so bring on the burpees!
Happy Birthday!

W.O.D. 6.24.09
St. Valentines Day Massacre


Each partner must share the work load and complete a portion of the below while the other partner continually holds a bumper plate over head. (Ladies#25/Gentlemen#45). If the bumper plate touches the ground at any time, each partner must complete 50 burpees. The bumper plate cannot rest on any object or body part, it must be held over head. Exercises can be completed in any order.

50 Wallballs
75 Kettelbell swings
100 Push Ups
150 Sit-Ups
200 Squats
800 M Run

For those of you who were not at CFKoP yet, this V-Day WOD was supposed to be a fun time to bring your significant other or anyone you "like" to try out CrossFit. A few of our ladies brought their husbands who had never previously CrossFitted and needless to say it turned into more of a massacre...but with that said, both Chris and Jim eventually started sipping the KoolAid and now are full fledged CrossFitters getting stronger every day!
Quote:
"Through every rift of discovery some seeming anomaly drops out of the darkness, and falls, as a golden link, into the great chain of order."
-Edwin Hubbel Chapin

Results:
Swine/Lisa (35#) 22:26
Sam/Mike F. (45#) 21:33
Dan/Ed (25#) 30:40
Justin/Dave (25#) 23:50
Aimee/Mike M. (45#) 17:52
Nicole/Chris (10#) 22:32
Devin/Curtin (15#) 22:21
Miranda/Mike B. (25#/15#) 25:41
Jen/Jim (45#/25#) 25:30
Steph/Jen B. (10#) 24:30
Laura/Tim P./ (45#/25#) 17:45
Sam/Meg (35#) 19:20
Cindy/Jeff (15#) 23:01
Scott/Nikki (25#) 21:30
Jason L./Jason L. 36:48

19 comments:

Cindy said...

Jeff and I won't be there tomorrow but would love to try this WOD. Miranda was Jeff's "wife" on Valentine's Day so I need make sure I get bragging rights! LOL!!!

Aimee, can Jeff and I do this WOD at my private on Thursday?

Jim Curran said...

I love that picture and remeber it well. Aimee seemed so sweet and happy when I first met her. After that WOD, I was convinced it was created by Satan himself. Now I am a proud member of hell!

Aimee Lyons said...

Cindy- Absolutely :)

Megs said...

I'm sad I wont be there. Cindy leave Jeff at home and take me as your partner. :).

david zaveloff said...

I'm....scared......

Ray said...

Yeah, but its like roller coaster scared.......

Miranda said...

If Jeff isn't going to be there...who will be my rent a husband for the WOD????????

Nicole said...

Chris got pissed during this wod and started cursing like I usually do. I still crack up about it!! I thought there were going to be people getting divorced after this wod on Valentine's day. I will be there tonight.

Nikki said...

meg - i'm bummed i can't make it either. we should find some other time to do this one together! I'm not around tonight b/c of a frisbee game, but i'm free thursday and friday afternoons and for most of the weekend. (ps - i haven't seen you in sooo long!)

Megs said...

Nikki - email me, let's plan a time! We keep missign each other :)

Kit said...

Her is another wonderful article from today's NY Times. I love the real world. They're so far behind the curve.



http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/can-you-get-fit-in-six-minutes-a-week/?hp

Hope y'all enjoyed your workout today. Sorry i couldnt make it. I'd be happy to join someone if they plan on doing it and need a partner in the next 3 days.

Megs said...

Nikki or Kit - tomorrow at 7?

Kit said...

Meg, 7 Am or pm? I am goingt o the 6 am class, i can stick around if you like, if thats when you mean. Or i can come back for 7 PM

Anonymous said...

Id love to come for a 7pm class if some others are up for it.

Scott

Megs said...

Kit - 7pm. Cindy and Jeff are letting us share their private with Aimme!!

Nikki said...

hey meg - sorry i didn't respond in time to get in on this! i'll head out for a run instead today, and see you all friday @ 5:30!

Megs said...

Sorry Nikki! I need your # so we can text! :)

Scott M said...

Hey Nikki when are we going for that run? Im looking for someone to get at Linda with me sometime. Anyone interested?

Megs said...

First Nikki has to give me a running program!! :) lol

Scott, you are an animal! I'd be your counter but I dont think I am anywhere near ready!