4.27.2009

Thank you!!!!
My gratitude cannot be expressed in words (but I will try). First of all, I thank CrossFit which has changed my life and every person I have touched since I've discovered it. Secondly, my CrossFit KoP family for all of their support and unmatched dedication. The 2009 Mid-Atlantic Regional Qualifier which was held at the CrossFit/Blauer Tactical Training Center in Virginia Beach was an amazing event. First Class. Run flawlessly. The athleticism of the competitors was fierce and the WOD's intense...every athlete there deserves recognition and congratulations on a job well done. It was an honor to compete side by side with such a group of dedicated individuals and even a bigger honor to have the best cheering squad out there.... thank you Hannah, Tim, Lisa, Paul, Jason, Mom and Dad for making the trip and the love and support.

Photos:

To see some pictures from the weekend click here.

Quote:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

7 comments:

Hannah said...

for all the kop girls out there who weigh more than a buck fifty and think they cannot get pullups...check out glory. she got all her chest to bar pull-ups to get herself 5th place. truly an amazing athlete and my new motivator.


http://bwi.sitesasrx.com/

Nicole said...

Great pictures!!!!

Miranda said...

I can't see anything...grrr! I am one of those kop girls :( I desperatly need help with my pullups. I am determined to do one by June!

Anonymous said...

Aimee...unbelieveable weekend. You were an inspiration. Saying "good job" or "congratulations" would not do your effort justice. I think "you F@#!$#G KILLED IT!" does though. 14th place is awesome. Thank you for your support in that last wod. Can't wait to watch the video and hear you say "Don't drop the bar!" 45 times.
-Dan Kramli, CrossFit Bucks

Jason Lyons said...

tim, your row is 198th in the world. nice one. my new time is 219th. woohoo!

TIM M said...

HAHA SWEEEEET. Now if Icould do it straight with no breaks. I'm shooting for 6:50 next time

TIM m said...

We should do a 10k one day