4.20.2009


Breaking in the Box.

W.O.D. 4.21.09
AMRAP in 20 minutes:
15 Overhead Squats (45# ladies/65# men)
10 Knees to Elbows
5 Handstand Push-ups

Videos:
Overhead Squats, Bodyweight x 15 reps (John Brown)...[wmv][mov]
100 Overhead Squats for Time (CrossFit LA) ...[wmv][mov]

Quote:
"CrossFit is the pursuit of athletic perfection—performing difficult workouts with technical mastery under conditions of duress. We’re looking for flawless form with a jackhammering heart, bursting lungs, and battery acid-filled veins."
- Jon Gilson

Results:
Jeff H. 8
Hannah 9
Tim P 9
Hot Wheels 8
Scott 7
Laura 9
Jen S. 6
Keith 7
Doug 10
Paul 8
Nicole 4
Granny 10
Miranda 7
Cindy 6
Jill 7

12 comments:

Miranda said...

Hey guys,

I have a private session scheduled for Thursday night at 5:15pm, with Aimee. I was going to do either the "Bear" or Crossfit Total. Would anyone like to join me?
Miranda

Jen S. said...

I would but I have to go to a dumb work dinner...like seriously...don't I see these people enough during the day?? ;)

Aimee Lyons said...

A shout to Doreen who finished the Boston Marathon yesterday!!! An amazing accomplishment, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Joe A said...

Is there only a 5:30 class this friday? The calender right now doesn't show a 6:30 class.

Evan said...

Joe,
Thats right, I'll be doing the class this Friday and I have to fit it into a pretty busy schedule. Aimee and Jason will be at the regionals for the Crossfit games.
Hope thats OK..

Aimee Lyons said...

Joe- Yep, as Evan stated there is only a 5:30PM class Friday and only a 1:00PM Saturday. The email will go out this week as a reminder as well.

Laura Pappas said...

Doreen - congrats on finishing the Boston Marathon - I HOPE your weather in Boston was nothing like it was here, all rain.

Joe A said...

Thats fine I just wanted to plan ahead. I'll be able to make it to an early morning class since I'm leaving town this friday anyways.

Good Luck at Regionals Aimee we're all rooting for you. Try to go easy on everyone there.

Evan said...

Congratulations Doreen!!

JZuck said...

Hey Miranda, I would like to join you on Thurdsay. I just need to double check my schedule. I will let you know tomorrow for sure.

Congrats Doreen!

Hannah said...

Granny must have eaten a snack yesterday! she was cruisin!!! go grans!

jen said...

Snack, that was meal day for gran! i got my grub on!