4.04.2009

In honor of Officer Paul Sciullo, III., 36.
badge number 4179

4-1-7-9
4 Shoulder Press (55/75)
1 Deadlift (185/275)
7 Burpees
9 Push ups

9 rounds for time.

*WOD is based on Paul's badge number, favorite exercises, and 9 rounds for his age added together.

Read:

Paul...
was one of the CrossFit family
loved sushi at Nakama
was a great golfer
was a hunter
was a cop
had a fetish for Reisen chocolates
enjoyed watching the Penguins
and most importantly
Paul loved Lisa E. and brought her to us at

Lisa, we love you and are here for you.

Footprints in the sand:
One night I had a dream
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the lord
and across the sky flashed scenes from my life
for each scene I noticed two sets of footprints,
one belong to me and the other to the lord
when the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand
I noticed that many times along the path of my life
there was only one set of footprints,
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life
This really bothered me and I questioned the lord about it.
Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me,
but I have noticed during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only set of footprints
"I don't understand why in times when I needed you most,
you should leave me."
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child
I love you and I would never, never leave you
during your times of trial and suffering.
"When you only saw one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you"
Results:
Rxd
Lisa 19:37
Tim P. 15:30
Paul 11:31
Doug 12:52
Doreen 17:59
Aimee 13:54
Tim M. 17:59
Hannah 15:10
Sam 14:07
Mike F. 20:27
Scaled
Jen S. 21:31
Keith 14:10
Jen C. 17:41
Laura 15:19
Ray 26:00
Cindy 18:29
Nicole 15:15
Chris 17:06
Miranda 16:37

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee,
You are a class act. Nice tribute on a very sad occassion. I heard you did great on "Murph" yesterday at CF Generation. I'll give this WOD a go and let you know how it went. -Michal Weidner-Central Bucks CrossFit

Scott M said...

Lisa,
I am so sorry for your loss. If you ever need anything please just let me know. Since I have come to crossfit kop you have been nothing but a true friend to me. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Scott

Ray said...

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
~Kenji Miyazawa

Lisa, the pain of your loss touches us all. This world cannot afford to lose men like that.

Ray

Daniel and Stephanie said...

"Paul" 18:09 (subbed 40# dumbells for the press so I wasn't wasting time switching the weight on my bar).

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

Thank you Paul, and fellow officers for being as bold as a lion.

May God's peace touch each person affected by this tragedy.

Cpl. Daniel Andrews (Denver Sheepdog)
Denver P.D.

Ray said...

Thanks everybody for dragging me through that one. I needed the extra motivation, and you did not let me down. What a wonderful community of friends.

Ryan said...

Lisa -

On behalf of my wife and I, my fellow Officers at LAPD, and our Crossfit group (which is comprised of law enforcement from various agencies) - I want to extend our deepest condolences to you. Tomorrow, our group is going to do this workout in memory of Paul.

Ryan

Anonymous said...

Sunday, April 5, 2009

"4179"

Time-18:57 as Rx'd

As I struggled through the last round I needed a little motivation to finish strong, so I said Paul's name at the end of the last rep of each movement. That one was for you Paul.

Rest in Peace and thank you.

Laura Pappas said...

Lisa, we're here for you. I'm so impressed you were able to do this workout.

Anthony said...

Our deepest sympathy on your loss. It's always a shame to lose a true hero, a policeman. Coming from a "box" that has policeman training in it, it always hits home to lose of our own. WOD as R/X'd-11:04. All are in our prayers. Anthony Oliver(Chicago Police) Bulldog Crossfit

Vinny said...

Everybody here at Motor City Crossfit has the slain officers friends and families in their parayers.
Vinny, Sheepdog Motor City CrossFit
12:46 RXd

Aimee Lyons said...

To everyone who completed the honorary WOD for Paul, thank you. The support and love Lisa has received from the CrossFit community has been amazing, thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and support.

The Fund has been set up for the Paul, Eric and Stephen.

The Pittsburgh Fallen Heros Fund. Greater Pittsburgh Police Federal Credit Union, 1338 Chartiers Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15220.

As I find out additional information I will post.

Momi` said...

What an amazing family you have created in your Cross Fit "box".
I love you birthday girl. My deepest sympathy to Lisa.

Anonymous said...

Lisa and CF KOP, please accept my deepest regret for the loss of a great American, a Police Officer, a husband. I often wonder WTF is this world coming too. It makes me angry that Policemen, Firefighters, and emergency responders have to deal with war on our own turf. As a US Marine, I understand your pain having lost many people close to me in the war. Lisa, you will be in our prayers.

Bill Tirado
CFDV

Anonymous said...

Lisa and CF KOP, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. It'll be an honor to do this WOD today in memory of Paul. God Bless.

Helen White
CFDV

Anonymous said...

I saw this WOD on the main page and have done it twice now. Thanks for the chance to do it.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. I will complete this workout tommorrow (4/9/09) after I finish my fit test.

JRW (USMS)