4.17.2009



Front Squat Insanity Video.
W.O.D. 4.18.09
*reminder there will only be a 4:00PM class today!
3 rounds for time of:
Run 800M
30 KB Swings (35#/55#)
30 Box Jumps (21"/25")

Read:
Jon Gilson’s The Non-Negotiability of Perfection. Greg Glassman has a great anecdote along these lines: “Asking about intensity versus form is like arranging a lunch meeting and the person you’re meeting asking: Do you want me to be on time or be at the correct restaurant?” The answer is obviously “both”.

Quote:
"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Results:
Scott 19:10
Sam 20:48
Jill 27:18
Hannah 28:39
Jim 31:41
Jen C. 21:46

8 comments:

Jeff said...

What a great video, excellent job - how do we get copies for friends and family?

Laura Pappas said...

I wish I could do this one! We'll be inbetween our Godson's first birthday party and a wedding at 4pm. Good luck everyone.

Evan said...

Results for 4-18-09
Scott 19:10
Sam 20:48
Jill 27:18
Hannah 28:39
Jim 31:41
Jen C. 21:46

Nice work everyone. It was a fantastic day for running.

Ray said...

Did this at home out in the driveway. I absolutely DESPISE running, but that is why I forced myself to do it. I used my 20" jump box and 35 lb KB since that is all I have, but that was plenty. My 800 meters were more like 900.

Time: 29:29

I was determined to get this done in under 30 minutes, so this was a big win for me. I did not allow myself to stop and rest, and that is very hard whaen there is nobody else around to push you.

My neighbors were looking at me like I was crazy, but I guess we all must be a little off doing this stuff!

Evan said...

Ray,
Nice job!! Don't worry about the neighbors. Your the one who's doing right by you. Besides I think we all look crazy to non cross fitters. Just try doing overhead walking lunges for a 1/4 mile around the work parking lot...people know your crazy then.

Aimee Lyons said...

Strong work team! I managed to get a little away from home WOD in, neighbors staring and all...AMRAP in 20 minutes of 400M run, 10 Double under, 20 Push ups, 30 squats. Managed 6 rounds.

Ray said...

Ev, 1/4 mile walking lunges sounds painful enough. Overhead is definitely over the edge! I will have to make a note to try this.

Jason Lyons said...

all videos are available for anyone that wants them. just stop by with a memory stick or bring in a blank dvd for me.