1.04.2021

Athlete of the Month: Carl Beigler




Hometown: Harleysville Pa 

Current Location: Harleysville Pa

Age: 41 Occupation: Coach and co-owner of Urban Fit Inc 

College: School of hard knocks

How long have you been a CrossFitter? 2-3yrs, not sure exactly

Did you ever play sports? No

Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? Its obvious I like to get tattoos.

What has been your biggest achievement at CrossFit in general? Getting my L2 and helping others achieve their CrossFit fitness goals while continuing to get better at my own.

What skill have you been working on during 2020? I’m constantly working on all the skills. We can always get better, and consistency has been the key to my success.

Goals for the rest of this year? I have a whole year to hope to hit a 200 snatch and 275 clean

What's your favorite WOD? I don’t think I have a favorite. I go into them with the best intention to give it my all How about your favorite food/snacks? Tacos and chipotle

What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done? Killington Ultrabeast - 30 miles, 70 obstacle course race.

What’s your least favorite WOD? Flight simulator haha

Favorite lift/movement? Bar muscle ups What’s your least favorite lift/movement? Thrusters

Whats your favorite piece of workout "gear"? Chalk

What you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF? Probably my gymnastics skills. I couldn’t do any of them when I started haha 

Who is your favorite coach? All of the KOP coaches are amazing. Aimee is great at identifying extremely qualified coaches. Every one of them have offered helpful tips to me that has made a difference. I always say, a movement may feel normal, but from a coaches eye it always needs improving... and I asked for Aimee’s help for that as I needed to quickly learn these skills to help others and I am forever grateful for her help and guidance. How often do you get a chance to be coached by a L4 CF coach.

PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights? Always striving to do better. I’ve hit many PR’s this year as CrossFit is fairly new to me. A goal of mine was to podium a comp, and I had the opportunity to do that twice in the last 2 years. And nutrition.... well, tacos I believe have all the necessary food groups an athlete would need.

No comments: