4.01.2019

Athlete of the Month: Caitlyn Breen





Get to Know Caitlyn.... Q & A:

Hometown: Reading PA

Current Location: King of Prussia PA

Age: 27 Occupation: Project Coordinator

College: Florida International University

How long have you been a CrossFitter? On and off for about 3 years or so

Did you ever play sports? Nope. I am super clumsy and have no hand eye coordination

Got some cool (or uncool) hobbies you'd like to share? I have dabbled in photography here and there and love love love traveling if that counts as a hobby.

What has been your biggest achievement at CrossFit in general? Oh wow if you guys knew how little muscle I had before this I would say everything but if I had to choose specifically I would say rope climbs were a big one because heights are scary and I've never had that strength before or pull ups were huge too. Also, all of the friends I have made (shout out to sucio squad) and everyone at the gym. This community is really so amazing and I am so happy to be a part of it.

What skill had you been working on all during 2018, and did they become successes? A few skills I was working on was squat cleans and snatches, clean and jerks, wall balls because I clearly do not know how to breathe properly, and all around efficiency in all movements. I would not say successes yet but definitely works in progress and feeling more confident in myself when it comes to these movements.

Goals for the 2019 year? CHEST TO BARS.... not blaming the Open or anything but definitely focusing on upper body movements and strength and also still working on squat cleans and snatches. 

What's your favorite WOD? First one that comes to mind is The Chief even though I died after lol 

How about your favorite food/snacks? For snacks I would definitely say the white cheddar pop chips. I could eat an entire family size bag with no issue and I love apples and peanut butter but specifically crunchy peanut butter lol.

Favorite foods (because I can't choose one) would be mac and cheese, fries, thin crust pizza, and chipotle.

What is the craziest workout outside of CF you have ever done? I am not sure if this counts but I did this St Paddy's Day 10k pub run last year that Cline invited me and a few others too which was us running around a mile to each bar and having a guinness or cider to stay hydrated lol. I do plan on doing one of those Savage Races this year.

What’s your least favorite WOD? Kelly... I have never felt so defeated in my life and any wod with burpee box jumps.

Favorite lift/movement? Dumbbell snatches for sure and hang cleans are fun too.

What’s your least favorite lift/movement? BURPEES and the assault bike for sure.

Whats your favorite piece of workout "gear"? I am in love with my jump rope honestly. I feel like we have really great chemistry.

What you say is your biggest improvement since starting CF? My biggest improvement I would say is just my overall strength and " athleticism" because before I remember when I did baseline I was heaving and felt like I was dying and now I although I still feel like I'm dying most of the time I can do things I definitely never thought I would ever do like push ups or pull ups or lift anything over 100 lbs lol. I still have a long way to go but I am definitely so grateful for the support and push from everyone to help me improve everyday.

Who is your favorite coach? I definitely love all of the coaches because they all have helped me grow so much but I have to shout out my girls Jill and Jenna. I feel like every time I take their classes I learn something knew and improve so much. Of course Aimee is amazing but I sadly can't take her classes as often and really all of the coaches are so helpful and knowledgeable.

PR's to mention? Goals Reached? Nutrition highlights?.. I mean its not a big deal but just PR'd my max double unders, 2 rep max back squat and snatch... lol. My main goals right now is chest to bars and stringing toes to bar so those are a work in progress but just happy to be improving daily and having fun in the process.

No comments: